Are you a slug or a superstar?
When it comes to taking action and implementing great ideas, most people unfortunately fall into the “slug” category: they move slowly and don’t get very far. (Let’s not even mention feeling slimy.)
On the other hand, the relatively few entrepreneurs and business owners who create superstar results typically have this key trait in common: They don’t just think and dream and talk – they act.
Where do you fit in? Take the following quiz and find out. (If the statement is true for you 80% of the time or more, check it.)
- I feel like a billiard ball, bouncing from one task to another.
- I work a lot of hours, but I don’t seem to make a lot of money.
- I figure out what I’m going to work on when I sit down at my desk.
- My Too Much To Do list is so long, I usually end up just moving today’s undone tasks to tomorrow’s list.
- I get paralyzed because I don’t know how to tackle all the huge tasks on my To Do list.
- My energy is sucked dry by my never-finished To Do list.
- I’m easily SQUIRREL!!! distracted by incoming emails, Facebook updates, and the like.
- I often let myself weasel out of important tasks because they make me uncomfortable.
- I love learning new techniques and strategies for earning more money, but I kind of stink at implementing what I’ve learned.
- I get easily excited about trying lots of new business-building tools….and easily discouraged when they don’t quickly pay off.
Since I tend to go “broad and shallow” rather than “narrow and deep” when it comes to business-development activities, I’m bummed that I don’t have more to show for my efforts.
Scoring. How many statements did you check?
1 – 2: Your success dazzles entrepreneurs world-wide.
3 – 4: You’re justifiably pleased with yourself, AND you know you can do even better.
5 – 7: You’re huffing and puffing, and you still end up with just mediocre results.
8 – 11: Your results and satisfaction can be summed up in one word: OUCH.
P.S. – If you’re thinking these are statistically significant results from a double-blind study, I’m afraid you’re doomed to disappointment. If, on the other hand, you couldn’t care less about statistics because these questions are a mirror of your life right now, let’s talk about the tools and resources I can offer you.
For some entrepreneurs, their efforts to build a successful business resemble bobbing in a rowboat with no oars. For the successful ones, however, their journey is more like a full-throttle run in a racing boat: a little scary, sometimes turbulent, and requiring focus and courage and dedication – but also exhilarating and rewarding.
If it’s time to leave your rowboat behind and start speeding toward the business and the life you crave, a good place to start is with the Take Action Now System™. To get this free, five-step guided process to getting on track, just email me and put “Send me my TANS!” in the subject line. You’ll soon be on your way to better results.
By the way, thanks to jeffmarks.net for the rowboat image and bamyers4az for the one of the racing boat; I found both of them on flickr.com.