Are you a slug or a superstar?
When it comes to taking action and implementing great ideas, most people unfortunately fall into the “slug” category: they move slowly and don’t get very far. (Let’s not even mention feeling slimy.)
On the other hand, the relatively few entrepreneurs and business owners who create superstar results typically have this key trait in common: They don’t just think and dream and talk – they act.
Where do you fit in? Take the following quiz and find out. (If the statement is true for you 80% of the time or more, check it.)
- I start on my most important task each morning, and I don’t move on until it’s complete.
- I’m very efficient when I work, which means I don’t work nearly as many hours as a lot of other entrepreneurs I know.
- My daily To Do list is waiting on my desk when I go into the office in the morning.
- That To Do list typically only has 2 – 4 crucial items on it.
- I break big projects into bite-sized chunks so they’re easier for me to start and finish.
- I’m energized at the end of the day because I’ve completed my To Do list.
- I’m easily able to ignore incoming emails, Facebook updates, and the like in order to stay focused on mission-critical tasks.
- I hold myself accountable for starting and completing important tasks, even when they make me uncomfortable.
- While I love learning new techniques and strategies for earning more money, I don’t move on to something new until I’ve implemented my current lesson.
- I don’t jump on every business-growth bandwagon that comes along, but I do adopt new practices when I know exactly how they’re going to move me closer to my important goals.
Since I tend to go “narrow and deep” rather than “broad and shallow” when it comes to business development, I see a real pay-off from those activities.
Scoring: How many statements did you check?
10 – 11: Your success dazzles entrepreneurs world-wide.
8 – 9: You’re justifiably pleased with yourself, AND you know you can do even better.
5 – 7: You’re huffing and puffing, and you still end up with just mediocre results.
1 – 4: Your results and satisfaction can be summed up in one word: OUCH.
P.S. – If you’re thinking these are statistically significant results from a double-blind study, I’m afraid you’re doomed to disappointment. If, on the other hand, you couldn’t care less about statistics because these questions are a mirror of your life right now, let’s talk about the tools and resources I can offer you.
For some entrepreneurs, their efforts to build a successful business resemble bobbing in a rowboat with no oars. For the successful ones, however, their journey is more like a full-throttle run in a racing boat: a little scary, sometimes turbulent, and requiring focus and courage and dedication – but also exhilarating and rewarding.
If it’s time to leave your rowboat behind and start speeding toward the business and the life you crave, a good place to start is with the Take Action Now System ™. To get this free, five-step guided process to getting on track, just email me and put “Send me my TANS!” in the subject line. You’ll soon be on your way to better results.
By the way, thanks to jeffmarks.net for his rowboat image and bamyers4az for the racing boat image; I found both on flickr.com.